One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equation or fractal set representing a complex pattern of behaviour in a chaotic system.
- ‘In contrast, the trajectories of the 20 - Hz responses filled up a portion of the phase space because of their instability, depicting a so-called strange attractor.’
- ‘If you're addicted to science books, pick up this short and eminently readable book and enjoy the bizarre tale of fractals and strange attractors.’
- ‘This system has become known as the Lorenz strange attractor, and many more such systems are now known.’
- ‘We have a long way to go before we understand the ergodic theory of strange attractors.’
- ‘Smale discovered strange attractors which lead to chaotic dynamical systems.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.