One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An equation or fractal set representing a complex pattern of behaviour in a chaotic system.
- ‘In contrast, the trajectories of the 20 - Hz responses filled up a portion of the phase space because of their instability, depicting a so-called strange attractor.’
- ‘Smale discovered strange attractors which lead to chaotic dynamical systems.’
- ‘We have a long way to go before we understand the ergodic theory of strange attractors.’
- ‘If you're addicted to science books, pick up this short and eminently readable book and enjoy the bizarre tale of fractals and strange attractors.’
- ‘This system has become known as the Lorenz strange attractor, and many more such systems are now known.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.