One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.’
- ‘Then answered one of the people, and said, Thy father straitly charged the people with an oath, saying, Cursed be the man that eateth any food this day.’
- ‘Unfortunately, I always see the MAJORITY of people - yes, the majority of people will go straitly ahead even when there is a red light over there.’
- ‘It was straitly shut up, because of the children of Israel.’
- ‘He caused them to be questioned right straitly, so that their torment was very grievous.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.