One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Energy stored in an elastic body under loading.‘ligaments and tendons are elastic structures that can store strain energy, like a spring’‘determinations of the form of the strain energy function’
- ‘Renewable stresses are those that persist because of continued re-application of the causative forces despite continual dissipation of the resulting strain energy.’
- ‘As a matter of fact, the zones here form as thin platelets to minimize strain energy.’
- ‘These are elastic structures that can store strain energy, like a spring.’
- ‘That is, if the change in elastic strain energy due to crack extension is larger than the energy required to create new crack surfaces, crack propagation will occur.’
- ‘One has to realise that, in order for an earthquake to occur you have to accumulate strain energy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.