One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Energy stored in an elastic body under loading.‘ligaments and tendons are elastic structures that can store strain energy, like a spring’‘determinations of the form of the strain energy function’
- ‘As a matter of fact, the zones here form as thin platelets to minimize strain energy.’
- ‘Renewable stresses are those that persist because of continued re-application of the causative forces despite continual dissipation of the resulting strain energy.’
- ‘That is, if the change in elastic strain energy due to crack extension is larger than the energy required to create new crack surfaces, crack propagation will occur.’
- ‘One has to realise that, in order for an earthquake to occur you have to accumulate strain energy.’
- ‘These are elastic structures that can store strain energy, like a spring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.