Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Thinking clearly and logically.‘straight-thinking people who do not hesitate in saying no’
reasoning, thinking, rational, objective, analytical, cerebral, insightfulView synonyms
- ‘I, like most straight-thinking people, never thought we were in a mess.’
- ‘The portrayal of him as a straightforward, straight-talking, straight-thinking practitioner of football seems wide of the mark.’
- ‘My live-in girlfriend of three years is a "straight-thinking" semi-conservative skeptic-type.’
- ‘Their stance as the proud voices of straight-thinking liberal minds is laughably simplistic.’
- ‘I do not think that most fair-minded, straight-thinking New Zealanders would like that.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.