Growing or spreading in an irregular, untidy way:‘his straggly dark hair’
untidy, messy, unkempt, straggling, dishevelled, bedraggledrattyView synonyms
- ‘Along the way we encountered straggly herds of llamas and occasional wild dogs.’
- ‘It was a shabby, straggly, unkempt little regiment, their faces chapped, their noses running in the cold.’
- ‘She brushed the tangles out of her straggly red hair.’
- ‘I sit in the only empty chair on the front row next to a very pale man with long straggly gray hair who has a persistent dry cough and wears sandals with thin black socks.’
- ‘My dark brown hair was dirty and straggly, the longest strands falling just past my shoulders.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.