One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Sometimes I know that I am to be punished for the villainy I have committed, and it would be only just for me to accept that stout-heartedly.’
- ‘But she carried on staunchly, stout-heartedly, and cheerily, the type that keeps the English home-fires burning, and will continue to do so.’
- ‘It must have been a strong creed which enabled him to endure cheerfully three winter months in front of Maan and to share out enough spirit among five hundred ordinary men to keep them stout-heartedly about him.’
- ‘Most Mormons bore the hardships of the frontier stout-heartedly, even cheerfully.’
- ‘In the past, many in America spent their money stout-heartedly thus, stimulating and cranking up the economy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.