One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The activity of telling or writing stories.‘the power of cinematic storytelling’
- ‘The film is wrapped in a endless display of celebratory visual storytelling.’
- ‘The movies we know today are dominated by storytelling.’
- ‘The hero is integral to the culture of a society because the hero is integral to storytelling, the essence of culture.’
- ‘Classical storytelling is mostly eschewed, while actors connect to one another with a generosity that approaches some sort of spiritual repose.’
- ‘It successfully meshes history and character and myth and storytelling.’
Relating to the telling or writing of stories.‘the oral storytelling tradition’‘storytelling techniques’
- ‘We see his taciturn, vocational commitment to the basic rules of storytelling craft.’
- ‘In real life, the director is often the storytelling extrovert and the actor the thoughtful introvert.’
- ‘Funny though each man is, there is no storytelling virtue in having both of them in this movie.’
- ‘To design an interpretive, storytelling museum is an exceptional professional opportunity for an architect.’
- ‘Brown's insistence on commissioning a storytelling painting could hardly have been unique.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.