Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A sequence of drawings, typically with some directions and dialogue, representing the shots planned for a film or television production.
rough idea, thumbnail sketch, abbreviated version, summary, synopsis, résumé, precis, abridgement, abstract, reduction, digestView synonyms
- ‘She made a precise storyboard and created some images on the computer.’
- ‘The project began when the pupils, aged eight and nine, worked with their parents to produce storyboards to outline what they wanted the film to include.’
- ‘Garth had written storyboards for most of the film, we were very, very well prepared.’
- ‘Here, the sense of immediacy and the developing narrative are reminiscent of sketched film storyboards.’
- ‘The disc also has a series of production photos, and the storyboards from several sequences in the film.’
- ‘The storyboard montage consists of storyboards and scenes from the film edited together and then shown with some dance music in the background.’
- ‘Learn top camcorder techniques and everything about screenplays and storyboards, writing your script, the shoot, editing tips and sound and music for your production.’
- ‘From shooting to working on the storyboard, direction, production and even editing has been done by the children themselves.’
- ‘Participants will also be taught the basics of drawing up their own storyboards so they do not waste time taking unwanted footage.’
- ‘A set of nine black-and-white storyboards, a director's filmography, and three trailers round out the anemic set of extra features.’
- ‘The storyboard contains a rough sketch representation of the video.’
- ‘Twenty-one of Kurosawa's storyboards are also reproduced in the booklet.’
- ‘Unlike a regular storyboard, in these drawings each frame is gridded, showing the different scenes that are going to be combined together.’
- ‘Equally interesting are the galleries of storyboards, production designs, and publicity stills from the film.’
- ‘But on bad days where we were all racing the clock, we could fall back on the storyboards and the shot lists and get it done.’
- ‘Here you get a weighty complement of storyboards, production design drawings, and photographs.’
- ‘The trailer actually undersells the film, while the storyboards and biography make for intriguing viewing.’
- ‘He even provides us with a few storyboards from the film, offering up his thoughts on how they helped him realize his vision.’
- ‘Sometimes a film only uses storyboards for difficult sequences, other times the entire film is storyboarded.’
- ‘Also included are animated storyboards of the basketball sequences, which are very interesting and informative.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.