One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A regular time at which a story is read aloud to children.
- ‘Whether it is bath time, story time, or bedtime, consciously appreciate the moments you spend together.’
- ‘There are toys, slides, music/band equipment, play-dough and painting sessions and morning ends with song, or story time.’
- ‘To help mark Children's Book Festival, a special story time was held at the library for the nursery school classes.’
- ‘Children may soon feel the dietary minority upon entering school; I didn't want them feeling that way in our own home during storytime.’
- ‘Finally there was a large turnout at the toddler storytime on Thursday which was followed by a making bookmarks craft session.’
- ‘In 1996, the downstairs was renovated for a childrens' department for storytime.’
- ‘He went to straight to bed and was asleep soon after his storytime.’
- ‘The bookstore will host a story time for children.’
- ‘The preschoolers and seniors attend chapel together and share story-time once a week.’
- ‘We just recently began attending Lake Jackson Branch story time for toddlers.’
- ‘Children between four and six years old can gather at 10 am for a free storytime.’
- ‘Be sure to ask about checking out CDs and videos, and inquire about children's activities such as story time or free films.’
- ‘The library is also a wonderful resource for finding collections of traditional folklore, and many offer weekly storytime sessions for young children.’
- ‘Children have an opportunity to participate in free play, music and storytime.’
- ‘Youngsters enjoyed activities like apple bobbing, vegetable carving, wheel races and story time.’
- ‘Children aged two to eight years old can attend storytime, with an Easter theme, starting at 3.30 pm.’
- ‘This snug space has just enough room for a crib, plus a rocking chair and bookshelves for story time.’
- ‘This was just like story time in primary school!’
- ‘A preschool classroom has many activities going on in the course of the school day, from finger-painting to story time to snack to building.’
- ‘I spent all day there, thumbing through books, writing reports, doing research and sometimes attending the storytimes and special events they had.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.