One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small heavy jib for use in a high wind.
- ‘We opened our jib a bit and later in the evening unfurled a bit of the storm jib too and reached 4 knots.’
- ‘Once you have set the storm jib and storm trysail, you will need to find your boat's best angle of attack.’
- ‘For that reason, a proper storm jib should be considered an essential part of any yacht's safety gear.’
- ‘The first big blow was unpleasant and I had to reduce sail to my smallest storm jib and trysail.’
- ‘We replaced the tiny storm jib and this immediately gave us enough power to make better progress.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.