One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of material designed to protect an opening or fastening on a tent or coat from the effects of rain.
- ‘The front has a two-way zipper and a storm flap that secures with snaps.’
- ‘A mesh lining, two-way front zipper, storm flap, lined pockets, adjustable cuffs - plus other features - mark this as a modem outdoor garment.’
- ‘The wrist zips work with two chest zippers to keep fresh air flowing through the jacket - an effect further enhanced by storm flaps on the chest that open to form little air scoops.’
- ‘It features a storable hood, 2 cargo and 1 map pocket, a double storm flap, 2-way zipper, articulated elbows and knees, and neoprene cuffs.’
- ‘It has a front storm flap with zipper and hidden snaps, encased elastic cuffs and bottom hem, and bar-tacking at critical stress points.’
- ‘The extremely practical and funky knee length side zips with popper storm flaps allow ankles to be aired and calves exposed.’
- ‘Made from lightweight Gore-Tex, this features two massive pockets complete with storm flaps to keep your sweeties and other valuables safe when deliriously indulging in outdoor high jinx.’
- ‘Features: 100% nylon mesh upper and taffeta lower lining, bellows pocket on chest, zippered pocket on sleeve, zippered reverse-entry pockets, and a storm flap covers full-front zipper.’
- ‘In addition, the jacket features a security pocket hidden behind the storm flap.’
- ‘It has a genuine leather collar, outside storm flap with hidden snaps, and side-entry chest pockets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.