Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A tight-fitting inner cuff which prevents rain or wind from getting inside a coat.
- ‘I designed the jacket to contain and circulate body heat, which is only possible when the storm cuff is inside the wrist of the coat.’
- ‘All models normally used for fishing or shooting have adjustable storm cuffs with Velcro fastenings which can be tightened to prevent water running down the arm.’
- ‘It is fully lined, with a concealed hood in the collar, toggled drawcord hem, storm cuffs and collar, and pocket flaps with stud fastening.’
- ‘Other features: triple-stitched main seams, split back with bi-swing, pleated elbow, rib-knit storm cuff in sleeve, hanger loop’
- ‘The jacket has a zip front with cover flap, two patch pockets with cover flaps and storm cuffs.’
- ‘With a stowaway hood, elasticated storm cuffs and zipped pockets, the jacket offers great protection for training in poor weather conditions.’
- ‘Features include: adjustable web shoulder strap with quick release buckle, storm cuffs and 2 outside zippered pockets.’
- ‘The sleeves have knit storm cuffs and half inch leatherette trim.’
- ‘It has a cotton classic tartan lining, a full width rear game pocket with side zips, corduroy collar studded for optional hood, snap closed throat flap, storm fly front, raglan sleeves with underarm ventilation, adjustable storm cuffs, and a two way brass zipper.’
- ‘Features include a removable cape, outside cargo pockets with snap flaps, hand warmer pockets, two inside zippered pockets, adjustable storm cuffs, snap back vent with cantle gusset, and leg straps.’
- ‘The flotation jacket features concealed hood, storm cuffs and sealed seams to keep out wind and water.’
- ‘It features raglan sleeves with underarm ventilation, adjustable storm cuffs, and brass-finish two-way metal zipper.’
- ‘The coats provide protection from cold and wet with a thick construction and water-repellent treatment while offering function through its large pockets, secure Velcro closures and storm cuff wrists.’
- ‘These have a longer gauntlet type cuff than the classic glove incorporating an inner storm cuff with pull cord to tighten and an outer pull cord too giving double the storm protection’
- ‘The jacket sleeves have a comfortable inside storm cuff with the addition of an adjustable Velcro closure on the outer shell cuff.’
- ‘Other features: split back with bi-swing, pleated elbow, rib knit storm cuff in sleeve, adjustable waist tabs, under arm grommets for ventilation’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.