One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A European plant related to the cranesbill, with small pink flowers and fruits that have long twisted beaks.
Genus Erodium, family Geraniaceae
- ‘Take a closer look and see the storksbills and sea campions also in flower amongst the pinks.’
- ‘The cranesbills and storksbills have pink, red, mauve or blue five-petalled flowers.’
- ‘In hedgerows and in field verges are forget-me-nots, storksbills and clovers.’
- ‘Plants in the Pelargoium genus may be known as storksbills in some regions.’
- ‘It is common in gardens usually near coastal areas and feeds on plants in the Geranium family such as cranesbills and storksbills.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.