One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Celebrated in or associated with stories or legends.‘the island's storied past’
- ‘New England's coastal towns are some of America's oldest, and few have a more storied or colorful past than Mystic, Connecticut in the southeastern part of the state.’
- ‘Our early libraries served a valuable role in documenting our sport's storied past.’
- ‘Venice as a city has seemed irrelevant, a storied artifact of a Romantic past that serves merely as a decorous backdrop for an event geared toward utopian futures.’
- ‘As spirits go, it's arguable that none have more a storied past than those whiskies made in Ireland and Scotland.’
- ‘Perhaps we live in an era that finds so little to admire in itself that it feels compelled to cut the storied past down to the size of the tabloid present.’
- variant spelling of storeyed
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.