One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An approximately circular accelerator in which particles can be effectively stored by being made to circulate continuously at high energy.
- ‘In the more distant future it may be possible to make intense and well-controlled high energy neutrino beams from decays of muons in a storage ring, although at present many technical problems remain unsolved.’
- ‘They modified an electron storage ring - a facility for producing powerful x rays - to produce high-power T-rays.’
- ‘He invented the colliding-beam storage ring and developed the technology that is now the basis of all high-energy particle accelerators.’
- ‘A storage ring has the same components as the main accelerator but with fewer klystrons.’
- ‘He and his colleagues now plan to request funding to restart the storage ring, which was shut down in 2001.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.