One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A piece of computer equipment on which information can be stored.
- ‘The hard drive is the primary storage device for desktop and laptop computers.’
- ‘It is a removable storage device which plugs into the USB port.’
- ‘The archiving is a multi-step process, including data compression and then moving the files to the nearline storage device.’
- ‘The drives were seen as additions to existing hardware, not as an independent storage device.’
- ‘While there is plenty there, it's a shame that's its not upgradeable, or you can't use the phone as a storage device.’
- ‘Are you looking for a high-capacity storage device big enough to store and preserve tons of vital computer data?’
- ‘A query is executed in a computer to retrieve data from a database stored on a data storage device.’
- ‘If you really want to remove the file's contents from a mass storage device - be it a hard drive or a USB drive - you've got to overwrite the individual file blocks with new data.’
- ‘This particular error usually indicates that the mass storage device isn't recognized properly by Windows.’
- ‘By clicking onto this icon the user can access the general and private data from the storage device in no time.’
- ‘Flash memory chips are the primary storage device for handphones at present, but small HDDs are at least three or four times more cost-efficient.’
- ‘It will be detected as an external storage device, and automatically be assigned a drive letter.’
- ‘A statement is stored in a database stored on a data storage device connected to a computer.’
- ‘For added flexibility, they can be used as a USB storage device.’
- ‘If you have a high-capacity storage device, you can store one hour of high-definition TV and watch it later.’
- ‘With this kit you can take almost any old hard drive and convert it into an external storage device.’
- ‘It has also been claimed that part or all of the device's memory can be mounted on a host computer's desktop as a removable storage device.’
- ‘Digital rights software will enable users to view the program a certain number of times, after which it will be automatically erased from the storage device.’
- ‘It needs a link between the virtual/main memory of the computer and the secondary storage device in order to access the data contained in the database.’
- ‘The near future of storage devices continues to be increasing storage capacity while reducing the physical size of the storage device.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.