One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A band of frequencies which are attenuated by a filter.
- ‘Unfortunately signal processing at the stopbands is prevented by the conventional systems, since phase tracking is not maintained between channels separated by the stopbands.’
- ‘The crystals were expected to have a stopband centering at around 4 m, which was verified in testing.’
- ‘The test's transmission characteristics showed a sharp resonance peak in the middle of the stopband extending from 1.44 m to 1.53 m, with a quality factor of 270.’
- ‘It shows that we have more than the minimum attenuation in both stopbands and less than the maximum ripple in the passband, so our filter design is a success.’
- ‘Our products cover a wide frequency range with narrow to wide stopbands over low to medium power levels with the best performance to size ratio available.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.