One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A band of frequencies which are attenuated by a filter.
- ‘The test's transmission characteristics showed a sharp resonance peak in the middle of the stopband extending from 1.44 m to 1.53 m, with a quality factor of 270.’
- ‘Unfortunately signal processing at the stopbands is prevented by the conventional systems, since phase tracking is not maintained between channels separated by the stopbands.’
- ‘The crystals were expected to have a stopband centering at around 4 m, which was verified in testing.’
- ‘Our products cover a wide frequency range with narrow to wide stopbands over low to medium power levels with the best performance to size ratio available.’
- ‘It shows that we have more than the minimum attenuation in both stopbands and less than the maximum ripple in the passband, so our filter design is a success.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.