One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She felt the stoniness of his restraint and turned around to face him.’
- ‘While Duval was a four time All-American at Georgia Tech he was known as Rock, for the solidity of his game and the stoniness of his bearing.’
- ‘I'm terrified that if I stop writing, then my traditional wall of stoniness will return forever.’
- ‘Her expression changed back to stoniness when Catherine met her eyes.’
- ‘That touched her deeply, as much as the fear and worry she could see once he'd dropped the stoniness, allowing her to see the vulnerability beneath.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.