One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The pietre dure technique spread as far as India during the seventeenth century thanks to Florentine stoneworkers lured to the Mogul court by the hope of riches.’
- ‘The deputy highlighted ‘the wealth of people with expertise and experience’ available within his department, such as plasterers and stoneworkers.’
- ‘The centerpiece illustrated here was executed in Rome by Carlo Albacini, a stoneworker and restorer of antiquities.’
- ‘A headache, according to him, could be one thing if it afflicted a stoneworker in Corinth and quite another if it plagued a philosopher of Athens.’
- ‘I take a hammer to the concrete that is keeping my barn doors from closing and develop an entirely new appreciation for stoneworkers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.