One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A flat, arid, stony region of inland Australia.‘it appears that groups moved from the stone country to the floodplains in the early dry season’
- ‘This stone country is densely populated with sites of major cultural significance to indigenous people.’
- ‘My family are from the stone country.’
- ‘Bobby Blue, the central character, knows the stone country and its canny steeds, and the animal and bird-life, like they are his family.’
- ‘My story begins and ends in tropical northern Australia, in the Stone Country of Arnhem Land.’
- ‘Kakadu is beautiful, a word that inadequately describes its wide spectrum of topography and habitats, including monsoonal rainforests, floodplains, heathlands, swamps, and stone country.’
- ‘Late one recent dry season, deep in the stone country, the director of an American philanthropic organisation was being driven through the stringybark forests so he could see at first hand the splendour of the landscape.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.