One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of a neutral shade of whitish or brownish grey.‘the stone-coloured walls provide a perfect background’‘stone-coloured suede moccasins’
fawn, brownish-yellow, pale brown, buff, sand, sandy, oatmeal, wheaten, biscuit, coffee, coffee-coloured, café au lait, camel, kasha, ecru, taupe, stone, mushroom, putty, greigeView synonyms
- ‘She was wearing a stylish, stone-coloured cardigan, pale blue trousers and a beaded necklace.’
- ‘The comfortable sofa has a durable, stone-colored slipcover.’
- ‘He was dressed in a pale tan linen jacket, open neck blue shirt and stone-coloured chinos.’
- ‘The spacious family bathroom is decorated with stone-coloured tiles and includes a bath with overhead power shower.’
- ‘The shower room is partially tiled in attractive stone-coloured ceramic.’
- ‘He stood in the witness box wearing a stone-coloured jacket.’
- ‘I was standing behind a woman in a stone-coloured raincoat at the cashpoint inside Lloyds Bank.’
- ‘The thin stone-colored roads snaked up to houses and buildings, just on the edges of the nearest town.’
- ‘In the panelled spaces on the walls were some stone-colored landscapes, representing the mountains and canyons of the West.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.