One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pain in a person's stomach or belly.‘she had a stomach ache’mass noun ‘the orange juice was giving him stomach ache’
indigestion, dyspepsiaView synonyms
- ‘The larvae of Toxocara canis may cause a stomach ache, but can also trigger an asthma attack, pneumonia and seizures, and affect vision.’
- ‘Alternatively, he can just say that his stomach ache has got worse.’
- ‘How well I remember my son's first day at school: the stomach ache the night before, the paralysing shyness at the gate, the skirting round the edge of the playground not making eye contact.’
- ‘The 19-year-old spent a year visiting doctors for treatment for a stomach ache before they finally discovered last month that he had terminal liver cancer.’
- ‘Why does excessive drinking give me a stomach ache?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.