One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A compartment in a steamship in which the boilers and furnace are housed.
- ‘The stokehold vent cover aft of the funnel is also completely gone, with no evidence pointing to any remains.’
- ‘There are coal bunkers each side of the stokehold and each of these holds 17 tons of steaming coal.’
- ‘John reports the stokehold was manned by 2 stokers each watch on the 4 hours on, 8 hours off system.’
- ‘The stokeholds were enclosed, and steam driven fans were used to force air into the stokeholds.’
- ‘As shown below, the stokehold vents provided entry for the massive airflow demanded by the boiler fires.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.