One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Relating to stoichiometry.
- ‘It is necessary to know the main sources of caffeine and CGA content variation in order to predict stoichiometric errors induced by these compounds.’
- ‘It also reacts as a stoichiometric scavenger with organophosphates, thus having the capacity to provide prophylactic protection against highly toxic chemical warfare nerve agents, such as soman and VX.’
- ‘Biosynthesis of NO involves oxidation of the guanidine group of arginine with stoichiometric formation of citrulline by the enzyme nitric oxide synthase.’
- ‘The chemical equations and mechanisms commonplace to stoichiometric chemistry describe only the overall reactions, they do not specify the molecular transformations that place between colliding molecules.’
- ‘In summary, we have developed a reconstitution method that is stoichiometric, functional, and suitable for spectroscopic studies of skeletal muscle.’
- 1.1 Relating to or denoting quantities of reactants in simple integral ratios, as prescribed by an equation or formula.‘a stoichiometric amount of potassium is required for 90% removal of the SO’
- ‘The concentration of actin is fixed at 11.9 M, and the amount of scruin is varied to achieve the desired stoichiometric ratio.’
- ‘The stoichiometric ratio between DNA molecules and microspheres is kept well below one to ensure that the vast majority of microsphere tethers consist of only a single DNA molecule.’
- ‘It should also be noted that upon further addition of either reactant beyond the stoichiometric maximum, the complexes/aggregates are brought back into solution.’
- ‘The extreme pathways of this simple metabolic network can be readily calculated from the stoichiometric matrix.’
- ‘All products were formed in stoichiometric amounts and were accompanied by the consumption of a stoichiometric amount of substrate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.