One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A riding boot with elastic sides.‘the regulation stockman's boot usually has a stitched sole’
- ‘She was walking in the elastic-sided stockman's boots more easily’
- ‘Alexandra explained her certainty that where the stockman's boots had been placed on the track had been a ruse.’
- ‘They recalled how this slip of a girl, wearing a man's flannel shirt, moleskins and stockman's boots, walked down the centre of the dusty main street in Narrandera, staring ahead of her.’
- ‘One boy who came from a pastoral station on Cape York Peninsula arrived for his first day at the Atherton High School dressed in his customary 'cowboy' outfit with stockman's boots and hat.’
- ‘He looked out of place, Rhia thought, with his sunburnt skin, felt hat and stockman's boots.’
- ‘He climbed onto the stage, garbed in overalls and jumper, with heavy stockman's boots.’
- ‘This shop probably didn't get a lot of teenage customers in faded blue jeans and stockman's boots.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.