One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A knitting stitch consisting of alternate rows of plain and purl stitch.
- ‘It is a slip stitch pattern on reverse stocking stitch.’
- ‘I particularly liked this pattern, which was easy to memorise and a tad more interesting than a rib or stocking stitch.’
- ‘I did the body in stocking stitch and boxed the flower in reverse stocking stitch as opposed to doing the whole front and back in stocking stitch.’
- ‘I couldn't understand how Rowan could rate this as a 2 star pattern, since it was just very basic stocking stitch with a tiny bit of lace, but once I got onto the front, it was clear that the pattern was not quite as simple as I'd expected.’
- ‘The original pattern is done in reverse stocking stitch (hard to see in the picture, but obvious in the book), but Tracy did hers in stocking stitch.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.