One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A small present suitable for putting in a Christmas stocking.
- ‘Several copies of the album called Skyline Sounds were snapped up over Christmas as stocking fillers.’
- ‘About three big presents and a few stocking fillers are chosen for each child, and then delivered by Social Services to the parents.’
- ‘Three big presents and a few stocking fillers will be given to each child, who this year range in age from two months old to 18 years of age.’
- ‘At about NT $300, it's a perfect stocking stuffer or office party present.’
- ‘Geraldton residents have been urged to buy local for stocking fillers and presents in the lead up to Christmas.’
- ‘With it's diminutive size, shockproof music and cool shape, the Philips Rush can easily be an ideal stocking stuffer for Christmas.’
- ‘It reads like a who's who of Gaelic Games and would certainly make for an ideal stocking filler for Christmas.’
- ‘These are great gifts and stocking stuffers at Christmas.’
- ‘About three big presents and a few stocking fillers will be provided for each child.’
- ‘The words conjure up images of a harmless toy, something given as a stocking filler at Christmas.’
- ‘No extras are offered, but with a sticker price of around $10, this ‘holiday’ disc makes a nice stocking stuffer or early Christmas treat.’
- ‘Christmas is a very expensive time of year for most people so the Christmas bazaar is an opportunity for parents to indulge their offspring and buy lots of small items as either presents or stocking fillers.’
- ‘It doesn't do everything that a Palm does but it does much of the essentials and is a cool stocking stuffer or gift.’
- ‘An informal and informative presentation of your favourite tipple will be given, with ideas for Christmas gifts and stocking fillers etc.’
- ‘Some of those stocking stuffers or presents that you want to put under the tree might not be as safe as you think.’
- ‘Here are two that I have read that would make excellent stocking stuffers - if the stockings in question are rather enormous.’
- ‘I figured they'd make good stocking stuffers this Christmas, but can't seem to find a place that will ship to America.’
- ‘Trust me, it's not easy scooping up gift votives and stocking stuffers while fielding questions about your love life.’
- ‘This diary would make an ideal stocking filler for the Christmas season.’
- ‘This is the last fair for 2005 and there will be 25 different vendors selling an interesting diversity of items to include many stocking fillers and Christmas gift ideas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.