Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The fact or process of ensuring that appropriate amounts of stock are maintained by a business, so as to be able to meet customer demand without delay while keeping the costs associated with holding stock to a minimum.‘the store has made tighter stock control one of its priorities’
- ‘But the initial steps in the recovery programme have been focused more on investment in customer service training, and improvements in stock control.’
- ‘The company reckons that its customers now want total services packages that include warehousing, stock control and just-in-time delivery.’
- ‘I have written to each new occupant of the CEO's hot-desk in recent years suggesting the remedy: better stock control.’
- ‘He hopes the thoroughness of its stock control will make the distributor an indispensable link in the chain from manufacture to application.’
- ‘For example, for a business that carries stock, find out if the product offers stock control or foreign currency capability if your trading goes beyond the Eurozone.’
- ‘The company relies on low level operatives as telesales operators and whilst the company has a computer system, this is simply for invoicing and stock control.’
- ‘On the operations front, stronger stock control has also improved operating cash flow.’
- ‘He said the workshops would cover topics like disaster management, marketing, stock control and business planning.’
- ‘Manufacturing and stock control software is another critical tool for a growing business.’
- ‘We also set up radio frequency networks, which enable real-time stock control.’
- ‘As well as meeting medicine dispensing needs, the system also manages functions such as stock control and customer records.’
- ‘Marks & Spencer has issues with stock control and pricing, along with an identity crisis about the clothing it should be selling.’
- ‘From accounting and stock control to human resources and customer relationship management, they pretty much cover it all.’
- ‘The Accounting version introduces purchase and sales order processing with integrated stock control as well as sales analysis.’
- ‘This product is suitable for most small to medium size businesses that require full stock control and sales and purchase order processing.’
- ‘The Musgrave Group has already introduced pilot-stage wi-fi PDAs to facilitate re-ordering and stock control activities in its Centra and SuperValu outlets.’
- ‘It provides a comprehensive range of logistics services, including warehousing, computerised stock control, air cargo, sea freight, sequencing, picking and packing.’
- ‘A store locator and stock control system allows Global staff to update product information instantly.’
- ‘It offers integrated stock control with a simple way to track and distribute orders for the home delivery market.’
- ‘Unfortunately, significant costs arising from enhanced stock control measures have caused near-term profits to suffer.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.