One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a firm or agent dealing in farm products and supplies.
- ‘In order to comply with the legislation, stock and station agents must, when requested to do so, disclose to an inspector what could sometimes be considered confidential information.’
- ‘The wool industry employs a large part of our community - stock and station agents, shearers, employees in transport companies, shipping firms, auction houses, vehicle sales, and many others that pertain to that industry.’
- ‘We're joined by a stock and station agent who has been in the Orange area for a number of years to tell us all about livestock markets, from yardings to prices and everything in between.’
- ‘She also placed the bulk orders with stock and station agents and hired or fired the staff.’
- ‘A stock and station agent in Cowra in New South Wales is watching his industry change before his eyes’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.