One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A pair of women's stretch trousers having a band of elastic at the bottom of each leg which passes under the arch of the foot.
- ‘All I can say is, thank God for cotton casuals, fleece sweatshirts and elastic-waist stirrup pants!’
- ‘He was fastidious about Terri's appearance, spraying her with Picasso perfume and outfitting her in stirrup pants and matching tops from The Limited.’
- ‘She weathered good and bad trends, passing up the unflattering polyester pants of the '60s and dancing into the '80s with stirrup pants and leg warmers.’
- ‘The swirl of varying dictates makes it hard to know which clothing mandates are worth following and which are better tossed to the fashion graveyard to fester among Skids and stirrup pants.’
- ‘Even though she was chubby, her shoulder-length curly hair framed an attractive, well-made-up face, and she wore her red stirrup pants and red-and-black angora sweater with panache.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.