One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A condition or requirement that is specified or demanded as part of an agreement.‘they donated their collection of prints with the stipulation that they never be publicly exhibited’
condition, precondition, proviso, provision, prerequisite, requisite, specificationView synonyms
- ‘Some organisations will dole out cash for you to use to your own ends, whilst others will demand specific stipulations.’
- ‘The Tata group companies are governed by a set of codes of conduct, which put in force some stringent stipulations that make regulatory compliance mandatory.’
- ‘The authorities should see that the traffic rules and the stipulations, which are made from time to time, are strictly followed by the drivers.’
- ‘An ordinary enough stipulation, one might suppose, and the story moves on quickly.’
- ‘Above all it adequately meets the stipulations of the UN resolutions and the Shimla Agreement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.