One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Unemerged axillary bud: a bud still completely enclosed by the stipular sheath of its subtending leaf.’
- ‘Since ‘spines’ are modified leaf stipules, they are referred to as stipular spines.’
- ‘First of all the group of stipular cells mentioned above is converted into cambial feature.’
- ‘Scars of early-falling-off stipular sheaths ring the stems of magnolias, Yellow-poplars and Sycamores.’
- ‘The genus Acacia is mostly confined to Africa where almost all have stipular spines or recurved thorns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.