One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The genus Acacia is mostly confined to Africa where almost all have stipular spines or recurved thorns.’
- ‘Since ‘spines’ are modified leaf stipules, they are referred to as stipular spines.’
- ‘Unemerged axillary bud: a bud still completely enclosed by the stipular sheath of its subtending leaf.’
- ‘First of all the group of stipular cells mentioned above is converted into cambial feature.’
- ‘Scars of early-falling-off stipular sheaths ring the stems of magnolias, Yellow-poplars and Sycamores.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.