One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially of a fungus) having a stipe or a stipes.
- ‘The gynoecium consists of a single pistil that is stipitate on a disk.’
- ‘All of the stipitate hydnums are believed to be ectomycorrhizal with photosynthetic trees.’
- ‘The hip surface is very smooth with few hairs and few stipitate glands and with thick fleshy walls.’
- ‘Paspalum cachimboense is closely related to P. lanciflorum, because both species have spikelets with rounded bases and a stipitate upper anthecium.’
- ‘Scottish Natural Heritage has been conducting an extensive survey of all stipitate hydnoid fungi in Scotland.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.