One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And I prefer to drink with them personally at first to make sure they aren't crazy drunks or stinkingly incapable after the first round.’
- ‘I took the train down from Edinburgh yesterday, and didn't realise until I stepped out of the carriage precisely how stinkingly hot it is at the moment.’
- ‘Sentimental liberal internationalism - everything has to be done through the U.N., no matter how stinkingly corrupt and ineffectual it is - is just as inadequate to the challenges of the age.’
- ‘Having said that though, Nick probably wants someone who's not only based in the USA but also stinkingly cheap.’
- ‘Nevertheless, in the strain and stress of my poverty, I am aware I am stinkingly rich in comparison to most of the people in the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.