One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An area of coastal sea made safe for swimming by means of nets that keep out dangerous jellyfish.‘choose to swim on beaches where stinger enclosures are present’
- ‘A three metre croc turned up inside the stinger enclosure at Trinity Beach at the weekend.’
- ‘If "stinger enclosures" are present, do not venture beyond their confines.’
- ‘The animal's discovery was a reminder for beachgoers to swim inside stinger enclosures, and on beaches patrolled by lifeguards.’
- ‘The beach has lifeguards and a stinger enclosure during the summer season.’
- ‘Although some beaches now have protected stinger enclosures, it is not advisable to swim anywhere else along the northern coast during these months.’
- ‘Protective clothing is recommended at other beaches, even when swimming inside the stinger enclosure.’
- ‘The beach remains closed after Deep Creek broke its banks and a deluge of sand and debris tore through the stinger enclosure.’
- ‘Stinger enclosures at Mission Beach and South Mission Beach provide safe year-round swimming.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.