One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A plant of the borage family which bears small barbed seeds.
Genera Hackelia and Lappula, family Boraginaceae: several species, in particular H. floribunda, which resembles a forget-me-not
- ‘Several nonnative noxious weeds have invaded stickseed habitat and threaten to out-compete the stickseed for the available nutrients.’
- ‘The Yukon also has 16 introduced species of borages, a group of agricultural weeds that includes stickseeds and forget-me-nots, and 14 introduced species of mustards.’
- ‘The fruits of the showy stickseed are spurred and covered with stout hairs that cling to the hair and bodies of animal.’
- ‘All stickseeds are undesirable weeds that can become abundant in overgrazed areas.’
- ‘The primary reason for not designating critical habitat for showy stickseed is because the species has been repeatedly collected for many decades.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.