One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘His robes, loosely draped around his tall but sticklike figure, were trimmed in silver-blue and stood impossibly white among the sand and dirt.’
- ‘The monsters had six sticklike arms and stumpy legs.’
- ‘Instantaneously, Melody's hazel eyes snapped onto the sticklike sweets with an eager look of anticipation.’
- ‘In the background there were two unicorns; one was full grown and the other (with slender almost sticklike legs) looked to be half a season old.’
- ‘Painted on the wall is a succession of sticklike human figures, clearly in full running stride.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.