One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘So that's how I spent the afternoon - gently devouring sweet red hearts on a sunny Sunday afternoon, savouring the stickiness - I can think of many worse ways to spend my time.’
- ‘Yesterday, with both hands covered in stickiness and occupied cutting the wax capping from the top of the honeycomb, a lump of wax containing honey flew onto my leg and started running down in a nasty tickly way.’
- ‘‘When you have very finely milled starch and sugar together the effect on teeth can be worse than sugar, perhaps because of the stickiness,’ he said.’
- ‘A spot check on the rice produced exemplary grains, glossy and lustrous with the requisite stickiness, deliciously impregnated with the velvety richness of coconut milk.’
- ‘It also helps raise the levels of ‘good’ cholesterol and reduces platelet stickiness, helping to guard against the risk of heart disease and stroke.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.