One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘They slid down her face stickily, and she didn't brush them away.’
- ‘Once outside he noticed how stickily the air clung to him, and for the first time noted how badly he must have been sweating back there.’
- ‘A spider web glistens stickily in a branch shading the ant hole.’
- ‘I'm drooping in the oppressive heat, but Binoche is fresh-faced and crisply unaffected, her impossibly glamorous shoes tucked neatly beneath her, perky and upright as we sprawl stickily in the leather seats.’
- ‘In reality this blood which still oozes out stickily, is the red sap of the tree.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.