One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Once outside he noticed how stickily the air clung to him, and for the first time noted how badly he must have been sweating back there.’
- ‘I'm drooping in the oppressive heat, but Binoche is fresh-faced and crisply unaffected, her impossibly glamorous shoes tucked neatly beneath her, perky and upright as we sprawl stickily in the leather seats.’
- ‘In reality this blood which still oozes out stickily, is the red sap of the tree.’
- ‘They slid down her face stickily, and she didn't brush them away.’
- ‘A spider web glistens stickily in a branch shading the ant hole.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.