One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The advertised retail price of an article.
- ‘As the sticker price of the vehicle rises, the number of options diminishes, but choices become more complex.’
- ‘Thinking of my wife and two sons, the concept of the safety attributes of a Volvo combined with a lower sticker price than the typical offerings from the Swedish automaker has high appeal.’
- ‘The pharmaceutical companies argue that the high sticker price on their branded products are necessary to recoup the costs of research.’
- ‘Best of all, the sticker price is a third of what they wanted for the Cadillac.’
- ‘And with the V-6, automatic and leather seats, the sticker price zooms past $29,000.’
- ‘They also ignore the sales tactics of those stores in keeping the sticker price high while selling merchandise at deep discount.’
- ‘But if you broaden your query to include safety, fuel efficiency, performance and reliability, you'll likely hear that those options easily justify a higher sticker price.’
- ‘The average cost of a used car in 1998 was $12,500; nearly 53 percent lower than the average new-car sticker price of $23,600.’
- ‘And the $2.35 million sticker price, he said, was set with investors in mind.’
- ‘But building a sports car with a low sticker price that can be sold profitably is no easy task.’
- ‘During a sneak preview for the press, an affluent woman offered one reporter more than double the sticker price if she could take the car right then - apparently with checkbook in hand.’
- ‘Give me great design, reliable quality and performance and a sticker price I can afford.’
- ‘So right there, you have $221.90 if you pay sticker price which, like we said, you're not going to do.’
- ‘Indeed, while experts report that there are generally few surprises when it comes to the sticker price of a new software product, hidden costs can push implementation budgets over the limit if they are not projected from the start.’
- ‘Unfortunately, this is not so, because part of the sticker price incorporates the costs involved in those warranties.’
- ‘The same people who think nothing of asking an editor to accept half of what we normally charge would never expect to walk into a new car dealership and offer half the sticker price of an automobile.’
- ‘I used to rent it almost every week at my local video store to have one-on-one battles with my best friend - and to avoid the game's sticker price, which back in 1992 was $59.99.’
- ‘Always negotiate up from the factory invoice price, not down from the sticker price, which is a higher price than the dealer expects you to pay.’
- ‘Chrysler sold 120,857 of the cars last year and received a slew of awards and rave reviews, including several that highlighted the quality of a car that has a starting sticker price under $30,000.’
- ‘The set came out a little less than a year ago with a $135 sticker price which was quickly discounted to around a hundred dollars.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.