One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A spotted eagle ray winged its way sternwards as we meandered in the direction of the bow, just above the port rail.’
- ‘Continuing sternwards, the empty mounting for the stern navigation light can be found behind a raised box at the aft end of the superstructure.’
- ‘Heading sternwards on the starboard side of the wreck, the first few metres are just the flat base of the double-bottomed hull.’
- ‘If the tide is not tugging too fiercely at your fins by now, you might wish to continue sternwards and view the most impressive area of the wreck.’
- ‘Looking sternwards, the high funnel lay immediately before us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.