One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In a field rooted in moral concern, there is a long tradition of solemnity and sternness.’
- ‘‘Get out of here,’ she'll warn with a phony sternness.’
- ‘Ellie looked up, surprised at her mother's sudden sternness.’
- ‘‘Felicity,’ he said, trying to force an aspect of sternness in his quivering voice.’
- ‘Part of this was due to the sternness of the Captain.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.