One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As bad as the jostles were for him at the craft's bow, Mateo could only imagine what it must be like for the passengers in the sternmost sections.’
- ‘Canoeing is usually done in pairs: the sternmost person is responsible for steering while the speed depends on the foremost one.’
- ‘You could continue to the stern and pass over a salvage hole towards the sternmost pair of 6 inch guns.’
- ‘At least 23 of the 118 sailors on board are known to have survived the blast, taking refuge in the submarine's sternmost section.’
- ‘The sternmost sections of the upper two decks were open and, not surprisingly, were cold and wet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.