Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An inboard engine connected to an outboard drive unit at the rear of a powerboat.
- ‘Use your existing flusher and a regular garden hose, combined with West Marine's Engine Winterizing Kit to easily coldproof your outboard or sterndrive.’
- ‘Tests on four powerboats from 19 to 23 feet equipped with two MerCruiser and two Indmar sterndrives and V-drives over 480 hours of operation produced carbon monoxide reductions up to 99% (engine running at idle).’
- ‘The drive shaft areas on Alpha and all Bravo sterndrives are identical but the twin propellers on Bravo IIIs take up more space.’
- ‘In addition, MerCruiser and Indmar unveiled prototypes of sterndrives with catalytic converters at fall and winter boat shows, but they are still in the research and development phase.’
- ‘Genmar is the second-largest boat producer in the U.S., following Brunswick Corp., which produces Bayliners, Sea Rays, Maxums and others, as well as Mercury and Mercruiser engines and sterndrives.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.