One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The influence of branching on the enzymatic stability of the compounds was investigated, as it is known that sterically hindered ester prodrugs are more stable toward enzymatic hydrolysis.’
- ‘Because the pore in most parts can sterically accommodate an ion with its hydration shell, the conformation was deemed open.’
- ‘In our calculations, however, the single x-ray snapshot was replaced by a variety of sterically consistent conformers that likely interconvert.’
- ‘The lower efficiency of surfactants with large headgroups can be understood as a steric effect, where a bulky headgroup sterically hinders the hydrophobic residues on the peptide from interacting with the micelle core.’
- ‘Cholesterol can also sterically block large molecules of fatty acyl chains, making the cell membrane less fluid, thus controlling the membrane fluidity.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.