One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘And because the script has wisely avoided writing them as stereotypically American, there are no jarring notes in the casting mix.’
- ‘None of this suggests that all men are bad investors or all women good, but it does suggest that adding a few stereotypically female behaviours into our investing patterns may be no bad thing.’
- ‘The English were stereotypically calm about it all.’
- ‘Homosexuals are treated so stereotypically in this film.’
- ‘And so men are stereotypically the upholders of a false reason, because in this society they are powerful so they need some sort of rationale.’
- ‘They seem a universe away from the stereotypically massive corporate or government bureaucracy.’
- ‘The examples given seem to be heavily weighted towards stereotypically male faults, and correspondingly got a higher percentage of male 'yes' responses.’
- ‘He builds on the stereotypically romantic portrayal of French music, yet does it in the subtlest way.’
- ‘The show conveys the photographer's fascination with the stereotypically genteel gardens of Europe.’
- ‘Stereotypically perceptions of an idyllic rural life fail to do justice to the often harsh lives these people have led.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.