One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The use of stereotactic instruments or devices in surgery or research.
- ‘We describe an alternate method of frameless stereotaxy without the use of pin fixation.’
- ‘The patient underwent a right frontal craniotomy with transfrontal resection of the lesion using wand frameless stereotaxy.’
- ‘Neurosurgeons long have used image guidance systems, such as fluoroscopy, ultrasound, and, more recently, three-dimensional stereotaxy, to achieve maximum resection while preserving normal brain tissue and function.’
- ‘We have used stereotaxy in 65% of cases of all non-basal intracranial tumor surgery with a tenfold decrease in morbidity.’
- ‘In neurosurgery, how ever, equally important have been advances in stereotaxy and image guidance.’
Late 19th century: from stereo- three-dimensional + Greek taxis ‘orientation’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.