One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting techniques for surgical treatment or scientific investigation that permit the accurate positioning of probes inside the brain or other parts of the body.
- ‘Even with stereotactic techniques, the risk of serious adverse effects from surgery is about 2 percent.’
- ‘Deep brain stimulation involves implantation of an electrode into a specific brain region using stereotactic neurosurgical techniques.’
- ‘Our stereotactic technique involves placing a stereotactic frame on the patient's head on the morning of surgery and then obtaining an MRI with the frame in place.’
- ‘Various latest radiotherapy techniques like stereotactic radiosurgery, conformation radiotherapy, endovascular brachytherapy and chemoradiation for organ preservation have been described briefly.’
- ‘During stereotactic surgical biopsy procedures, however, the perioperative nurse positions and monitors the patient and provides emotional support.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.