One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A binocular microscope that gives a relatively low-power stereoscopic view of the subject.
- ‘The number of living and dead larvae, lesions (areas with dead cells), and young galls were counted under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Fungal spores were removed from the soil matrix for identification using tweezers under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Male flowers also have six stamens, but the style is hardly observable at simple sight (absolutely atrophied or absent), and when observed with the stereomicroscope no ovules are developed in their ovaries.’
- ‘Glands were visualized under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The numbers of cataphylls (scaly leaves) and embryonic green leaves of each bud were recorded after manual dissection under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The capillary is mounted on a micromanipulator and the operation is viewed under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The cleaning should be done under a stereomicroscope to permit controllable cleaning of the details and to avoid damage to the surface of the mold of the exterior.’
- ‘Cross-sections of mature green vanilla beans were obtained using a razor blade under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The floral morphology was analysed using a stereomicroscope with camera lucida from flowers fixed in 70% alcohol.’
- ‘The root systems were observed under a stereomicroscope, and the numbers of infected and uninfected short roots counted.’
- ‘The oocyte sits on the microscope stage and is visualized for electrophysiology by a separate stereomicroscope.’
- ‘Crusts removed by scraping were preserved and examined for presence of reproductive structures under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘After decapping, the cap junction was checked under a stereomicroscope, and roots whose cap had come off cleanly were used for further experimentation.’
- ‘Morphological features of fresh flowers were recorded using a binocular stereomicroscope with a camera lucida attachment.’
- ‘A stereomicroscope and a compound light microscope were used to work out the density and to examine the morphology, sizes and genders of the gametophytes.’
- ‘Germination was also assayed after removal of the seed coat under a stereomicroscope by scratching the seeds carefully with two needles.’
- ‘Ovaries were placed in chamber slides and photographed through a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘A stereomicroscope may be available in many laboratories, and the advantage of its use is that slides can be placed on the flat stage with backlight and movements under the objectives are not inverted.’
- ‘Leaf vernation was observed in at least ten buds per entity, manually dissected under a stereomicroscope.’
- ‘The viability was visually evaluated by checking membrane integrity using a phase-contrast stereomicroscope.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.