One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘O'Sullivan's stereographic image from 1871 of a melon cactus bears signs of his imbrication of photography and the practice of specimen collection.’
- ‘A stereographic image, for example, resembles an image viewed through a fish-eye lens, and is the same kind of projection as that used to render the Earth's sphere flat for atlases.’
- ‘Poles to the shear fabrics and slickenline data, when plotted on stereographic projections, indicate vergence to the SW with some scatter mainly to the south.’
- ‘The system is equipped with transmitters and LCD shutter glasses which permit stereographic 3 - D viewing of high-resolution images.’
- ‘This is represented by means of two synthetic stereographic projections in Figure 6.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.